mandag 13. juni 2011

HTC Desire S - troubleshooting and solution - so far!

Norwegian to English translation

THURSDAY 23 June 2011
HTC Desire S works again
The phone has worked fine, since the last update. :)

A tip I found:
If you get constant "Force close" on your phone, there can be a problem with the apps and what permissions / UID they require / use. One solution might be to find a program that addresses this (fix permissions).


Please note that to root  your mobile, most likely violates the warranty!

The alternative is to return the phone to factory settings, or deliver it  for repair.

Why did my cell phone function after I reset it?
Probably because I
1. Reset the mobile with the original 8 gb microSDcard
2. Reformatted the 32 gb microSDcard, before I loaded my apps and settings from Google (my backup / restore).

The way I see it, the problem was that I copied everything over from the 8gb memorycard to the 32gb, and thus had problems with the "Permissions" - ref FixPermissions.

So what have I learned?
It takes some time to find the solution!

I suspect HTC knew what the problem was.  Wish they had informed me.

Hope someone other than me can benefit from this.


Norwegian to English translation by Google Translator (and some obvious corrections by me :)


FRIDAY 10 June 2011
HAPPY ... so far ..Well, then it seems that HTC Desire S works as it should. Today it has been 3 days since I reset and did as mentioned below. In addition, I received a tip through Facebook that the memory of 32 GB should be formatted in the Android before use. I'll give it a try and provide some  feedback later ...



HTC Desire S-solution?
Because of all the problems with the HTC Sense Ui crashes many times a day, I reset the mobile phone to factory settings and put in the original 8gb microSDcard. I packed everything neatly into the box and prepared  to send it away for repair. BUT ........

Was in contact with an HTC workshop and after that conversation, I decided to try one last time to boot Desire S with the original memorycard. Also chose to install with the original English language with Norwegian keyboard. Logged in to my Google and got back most of the settings and programs except antivirus software Lookout. Then it was all about using it as much as I could during the day, to see if the same error re-appeared. Made many calls, surfing, checking email, using FriendFeed stream, took pictures, looked at the video ... And everything worked smoothly!
 It has now been in one day. Wonderful:)






Q.1 So why did HTC Sense UI keep crashing?The suspicion is directed at
A) memory card, microSD 32 GB   
B) Lookout-antivirus program (Lookout works fine!)

Q.2 What's difference in my setup on my mobile?
MicroSDcard  8 gbEnglish LanguageQwerty keyboard NorwegianNo antivirus program
Hope this persists so that I can still enjoy a fast and functional mobile.Posted by eligosol at. 6:00 p.m. 

SUNDAY 5 June 2011HTC Desire S and problems - Update 1 and 2
Update 2After struggling for days to get help from HTC and Spaceworld I throw in the towel - I've now reset mobile number 2 - HTC Desire S, wrapped it neatly into the box with all parts supplied and should return it to the Spaceworld in the morning. Hope it is judged as DOA (dead on arrival). Have had one week- only!
So - Nokia (E72) - here I come .....

Update 1
As I wrote earlier,  I reset the mobile with factory settings. It seemed to improve some of the problems with HTC Sense crashing frequently, but it only lasted a few days and then the misery began again. Regained contact with the seller, and agreed that it should be submitted for troubleshooting and repair.
So  on the 1. June, I backed up everything onto another similar phone, reset phone and delivered it. It is the first HTC Desire S, which is submitted for repair in Norway according to the seller!  Am curious about  the feedback .... and how long it takes.

Did some research online and found that I am not alone in having problems with HTC Sense, but find it odd that those tests and reviews of HTC phones do not mention that it is a known problem that HTC Sense fails. Neither mentioned that there is little willingness by HTC to come up with any explanation or rectification of the problem.
Another issue is that it is frustrating  to experience mobile crashes, where one ultimately has no choice other than to send it away for repair. Consider everything you have on your mobile. It is used for everything! Email, SMS, banking, photography, music, navigation / maps, keep in touch with the outside world - it is my personal computer when I'm on the go ...Posted by eligosol at. 3:22 p.m.


SUNDAY 22 May 2011HTC Desire S and problems
Now I've had the phone for about 1 month. The first three weeks everything worked perfectly and I was very happy  with it. Last week is a different matter.

IssuesShut off at night despite still 45% power in the morning.HTC Sense crashes 10-20 times per day.Update of social media works mostly with manual updating.Battery life is miserable - charging 1-2 times per day at my regular use.Despite the rollback of the mobile  these problems are not solved.

Wish I could find out what is causing these problems!

Dealer's solution is to take the phone and send it to repair for 3 weeks! Might be able to borrow an iPhone (3? 4?). But that does not work with my Sim card (iPhone 4 requires micro-sim).
Why can't I just return this one  and get a new one? Who can do without all the stuff you have on your mobile phone these days? Not me .....

I use my mobile for pretty much everything - email, banking, calling, sms, photos, office work, internet surfing, social media and Twitter, FB, music, movies and games .... etc ... etc..
I love gadgets but hate when it is as problematic as this : (


UPDATE

I suspect that the problems with the mobile phone is related to one or another app that I installed during the past week. Hence it was that I once sat phone back to factory settings after having switched off automatically restore from Google, so I did not get back all the programs / apps.
What I have done:
1. Removed all the installed apps2. Unmounted the SD card3.Turned  off the mobile4.Removed the SD card5.Removed battery

New startup:1. Put back the SD card2. Put back the battery3. Restarted the cell phone and followed the installation instructionsNB - HAVE NOT chosen to restore the programs and settings from Google

Ran mobile with this setup, one hour, until I added the info for social media, etc. FB
more to follow ....Posted by eligosol at. 6:16 p.m. 




FRIDAY 22 April 2011
HTC's DesireWell, then the choice is made when it comes to which mobile. This time it was an HTC Desire S with Android 2.3.3 - Gingerbread. 
The size corresponds to an iPod, and fits like a glove. Otherwise, it is fast and comprehensive when it comes to features. Have had it for a week and do not miss Nokia E72 at all!

Pros:Handy size - 3.7 "screenPlenty of memory (although I have upgraded from 8gb to 16 gb to 32 gb)Bright and good displayHTC Sense is simple to useMany nice featuresEasy to find the settings Good for talkingThe camera takes nice pictures in good light + flashGood build qualityRecognized easily

Cons:
Lesser Nokia speaker (for music playing)Equalizaer only works with headsetThe camera could be betterNeed to charge more often (maybe because I use it more?)

Installed antivirus software and password program. Is easy to find your way around in the Android Apps.Reading a little about the programs before considering to install something.

So far I am satisfied. Hope it continues that way. Recommended - so far.
Here you can find more specs HTC Desire S

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar